Updated: Aug. 17, 2016
Step 9: Package, Upload, and Test Your Element
We’re done with all the coding, so now it’s time to package up the element, upload it to a site, and test it out!
- Navigate to your local PriceChart directory, select all the contents, and create a zip file.
Be sure to create a zip from the contents of the PriceChart directory and not OF the PriceChart directory.
- In a web browser, open the Cloud Admin (https://weeblycloud.com/admin).
- Click Price Chart to open the app’s detail page.
- Click Upload New Version.
- Click Upload New Zip and select the zip file and click Upload Version.
Your element now appears in the Version History area.
- Click Install to Dev Site, choose the version, and click Install.
Open your test site, and you’ll see that the Price Chart now appears at the bottom of the Editor's sidebar, in the THIRD PARTY group (it will be highlighted to show that it's a new element). However, when installed on reseller accounts (and not dev accounts) any custom apps appear at the top of the Editor in a branded area. Note that a tutorial opens because this is the first time it's being used (you can find out more about creating a tutorial here). Dismiss the tutorial and view the element's settings, including the tooltip you created.
Once your app is complete and tested, you release it to your customers by associating it with a plan.